Monday, September 25, 2017

Ming Kee Roasted Pork & Wanton Noodles

I recently read an article recommending all the good eats around OUG & Happy Garden...and it reminded me of this place that I used to frequent - Ming Kee
famous for its roasted pork that one shouldn't missed, this place also sells wanton noodles, chicken rice & bbq pork rice
My last visit was more than a year ago, hence I think it's time for me to drop by again to satisfy my cravings...
I ordered wanton noodles soup with bbq pork for RM6. The noodles are still as springy, the bbq pork (charsiew) wasn't that fatty & jst nice to go along with the noodles. The winner is of course the wanton itself...juicy succulent pork patty wrapped in thin layer of wanton skin...so slippery yet so yummylicious!
and of course, the other 'star' is the roasted pork! How can one resist that?!!
Roasted pork rice at RM6 comes with a small bowl of soup.
not too fat, not too lean...just my type of roasted pork!
BON APPETIT!!!

9 comments:

Twilight Man said...

So yummy! I love everything you ate esp the pork was calling me. I like roasted pork with burnt parts. I buy them home & roast them again till crispy & slightly burnt. Crazy?

suituapui said...

That sure looks good. Yum yummmm!!!

mun said...

I think there are a few Meng Kee eateries around OUG and happy garden so which one did you go to?

Libby said...

I like Char Siew which has a honey taste and I love roast pork but the crispy part must not be too hard to chew

PH said...

Nice! Nice! I like this type of food and my char siew and siew yoke must be fatty one LOL!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Wanton, I never get tired of eating it..

Small Kucing said...

The food there is very good. I like their dumplings

Nux V said...

Twilight Man: double roasted pork...hmm....I tink I'l stick to the original, not too charred, not too hard...

Suituapui: yea, super yumz!

Mun: the one in Jalan Lazat 1..

Libby: me too...crispy skin but succulent & tender meat.

Phong Hong: i prefer ratio of fats & lean meat 1:1...

Somewhere in Singapore: me too ;-)

Small Kucing: their dumplings & roasted pork are both equally good.

mun said...

yes, I know the ming kee in jln lazat 1.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...