Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Korean Deopbab

Sometimes we run out of ideas on where/what to eat...so we simply 'hantam' a place...
There was this day when all other places were crowded, we ended up with this empty looking 'bbq' restaurant in IOI City Mall. We thought the service would be quick since we were the only patron there.
Unfortunately, we waited for almost 30 minutes before our food arrived, piping-hot from the kitchen.
Here's my bulgogi chicken deopbab. It is basically rice with chicken chunks and kimchi. The Korean rice tea comes with the set.
the portion is quite huge...i did not eat the burned rice at the bottom...
Overall, food was okay, ambience just so-so, service was slow and bad. And their credit card machine malfunctioned, so they only accept cash. They should have put a notice at the counter and inform the patrons prior to ordering (especially when the diner group is huge). Anyhow, we will never be goin there again.

7 comments:

Twilight Man said...

This happened to me often that my wife and I wandered aimlessly inside 1-Utama for dinner and simply hentam too... What an experience you had with their shoddy service and long wait. I think I have not tried this Deopbab before and am wondering whether my Korean friends had fed me at their homes but I just didn't recall the names.

mun said...

Ooops, that explain why the eatery is empty since you will not be going back. Burned rice at the bottom of the pot - I think it is like a snack in Taiwan called Guoba (鍋耙) which is a crust of scorched rice on the bottom of the wok or pot and eaten as snacks.

Nowadays I don't dare to eat at new places until I have searched online for reviews about the places. Scared of wasting stomach spaces on food that does not taste nice.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Recently, I also anyhow hantam a place and same as yours, also Korean food, lol...

suituapui said...

Not a fan of Korean but the ladies in the house love it. Just had bibimbap that day, post in my blog coming up real soon.

PH said...

I never like burnt rice. Anyway, now you know to avoid this place.

Nux V said...

Twilight Man: lol, yea sometimes we just wallop whatever served without knowing its name.

Mun: We are bunch of lazy people who dun search for online reviews. We only decide on the spot while aimlessly walking passed these restaurants.

Somewhere in Singapore: hehe...nowadays Korean food seems like a popular pick...

Suituapui: great! I like bibimbap too...

Phong Hong: I dislike either...taste bitter...yucks

Libby said...

Recently I just went to eat Korean food and I was rather disappointed too

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...